HUMAN SCIENCES AND EDUCATION COLLEGE – FAED.
Information Management Graduate Program – IMGP
The Graduate in Information Management Program (IMGP) has the objective of forming high-level professionals, committed to ethics and the economic, social, and educational function of information toward citizenship, capable of solving non-trivial problems for information management, generating and diffusing technical and scientific knowledge for innovations.
Specifically, the Professional Master´s Program in Information Unit Management aims at:
1. Mobilizing interdisciplinary theoretical-methodological inputs of science, to qualify reflexive and critical professional information managers of the distinct realities that constitute the information units in local, regional, national, and international levels;
2. Develop abilities in planning, leadership, and teamwork;
3. Innovate the professional capacity for performing activities in information and information unit management;
4. Provide a problematized view of management associated with information resources, services, and products;
5. Reflect the economic, educational, cultural, and ethical-social implications of the performance of librarians and other information professionals in the different institutional contexts.
PROFESSIONAL MASTER´S PROGRAM IN INFORMATION UNIT MANAGEMENT (Beginning in 2013).
Concentration areas and research lines:
INFORMATION MANAGEMENT (lines: 1. Information Unit Management; 2. Information, Memory, and Society).
Program Differentials (Strengths):
1. Periodic pedagogical meetings with all professors;
2. Improvement in the selection process of scholarship holder (in 2016), criteria adaptation;
3. Improvement in the selection process of new students;
4. Integralization with the undergraduate program;
5. Organization, integrity, and registration of all actions performed by the coordination, commission, and secretariat of the IMGP.
Minimum formation and other requirements for ingress:
Necessary undergraduate diploma in any area.
Form/period of ingress:
Annual ingress – Beginning of class in August. Rules and alterations are provided in the notice.
Form of ingress: Selection notice for regular students (published on the website).
Biannual ingress: Rules and alterations are provided in the notice (published on the website).
Selection/Ingress Notice: http://www.faed.udesc.br/ppginfo
Teaching staff: http://www.faed.udesc.br/?id=680
Program website: http://www.faed.udesc.br/ppginfo
Telephone number: +55 (48) 3664-8588
Program contact e-mail: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org